Presidencia de la Nación

Foreigners or argentinians settled abroad bearing firearms

Individuals who wish to go into the country with one or more firearms and their ammunition, with the proposal to perform hunting activity, sporting shooting or other legitimate purpose, will have to submit application at the origin country argentine consulate, holding the equivalent legal possess authorization extended by the local authority, identification document or passport, requiring the applicable "temporary authorization and temporary possess permit" of corresponding material, during their stay in Argentina.

If the tourist arrived at Argentina without the "temporary authorization and temporary possess permit", drawn up by the argentine consulate, the Police authority that takes part will give the applicable temporary authorization and temporary possess permit during the stay in the country, ad-referendum of the National Controlled Materials Agency (ANMaC).

To obtain such authorization the individual will have to hand in the form of free reproduction of "temporary authorization of entry and exit of firearms to Argentina" by triplicate (you may download it in this page), with 600$ rate.

The temporary authorization and temporary possess permit, duly signed and stamped by the local Police authority, will enable the tourist who will stay temporary at Argentina, to possess, transport and use the firearms and ammunition for the legitimate activity and during the authorized time period.

When leaving the country, the individual will have to apply at the competent Policy authority, which will verify the exit of the corresponding firearms and alive ammunition and will keep the temporary authorization and temporary possess permit. If any temporary introduced firearm left, the individual will have to justify that circumstance with the due documents.

Every documentation written in a foreign language must be attached with the official translation according to Regulation 058/04.

The temporary authorization will expire ninety days after the entry of the weapon to the country.

Pay a $1,500.- rate per weapon and for once.

Note: the temporary entry of fire arms and ammunition will only be allowed when the tourist declares that he/she is coming to do sport shooting or hunting in authorized places by ANMaC.

Scroll hacia arriba